Yoga is an ancient practice that connects the body, our breathing and the mind. This practice incorporates physical postures, known as asanas, breathing exercises, and meditation. It’s designed to reduce stress levels, aid relaxation and improve general health.
During a yoga practice, the goal is to physically challenge ourselves, without feeling overwhelmed, as we focus on our breath and our mind accepts the challenge, while being calm.
- Reduces stress, relieves anxiety and helps to fight depression.
- Promotes relaxation.
- Increases self-confidence.
- Helps us focus on the present moment and enjoy it.
- Increases coordination.
- Increases concentration.
- Improves heart health, lowers blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol
- Favors digestion.
- Promotes better sleep.
- Decreases back pain.
- Increases flexibility, strength, endurance, and improves balance.
- Improves breathing.
- Practices mindfulness and improves eating habits.
- Reduces the intensity and frequency of migraines by stimulating the vagus nerve.
Finding the time to practice yoga, even a few times a week, can make a big difference in your health.
Contact me if you want to try a class!
Focus on the present, enjoy it and connect with yourself.